Find more of Cat's recipes on instagram @food_obsessed_girl
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
2 8oz sirloin steaks
2 large eggs
100g Cherry tomatoes finely chopped
Handful chopped coriander
Half green chilli finely chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 minced clove garlic
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (just before serving)
- Mix tomatoes, coriander, chilli, red onion, garlic, lime juice & olive oil in a bowl and leave to let the flavours marry for 20-30mins
For steak & eggs;
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle to a high heat with a little oil, add the spring onions and char on both sides for a minute each. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the same pan up to the highest heat and while it’s coming up, rub some oil on the steak and season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- For a medium rare steak, add the steak to the very hot pan and cook for 90 seconds each side. Remove and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before frying your eggs.
- Place the eggs on the plate with the spring onions, carve your steak and plate it and dress with the salsa.