Perfect your crunchy crackling for an incredible pork loin roast
Slice thickly and serve with green beans and rosemary new potatoes for a family favourite
Serves: 4 - 6
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
1kg Heartier pork loin roasting joint
2 large onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sea salt
1. Slice your onions and place in the bottom of a large roasting tin.
2. Score the fat on the pork with a sharp knife at 1cm intervals, pat dry with some kitchen towel and rub 1 tablespoon of sea salt & olive oil into the skin.
3. Cover with tin foil and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 240C/220C fan.
4. After 30 minutes pat the skin dry again with some kitchen towel and rub the remaining salt & oil into the scored fat. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. Turn the oven down to 180C/160C fan and roast for a further hour (Check food is piping hot and no pink colour remains).
6. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Pork Loin Roast with Perfect Crackling