Serves 2 - 4 (appetite dependent!)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
1 Heartier Sirloin Pavé
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring your Sirloin pavé out of the fridge about an hour before you want to cook it so it can come to room temperature
2. Generously rub olive oil all over the steak before seasoning liberally with salt and pepper and setting your oven to 200C
3. Heat a thick bottomed pan or griddle on the hob with a little oil
4. Once the oil is smoking, place the pavé on the heat (fat side down) for 3 mins, allowing the fat to crisp a little, turn and cook the other side for 3 mins so that the meat begins to caramelise
5. Place the pavé straight in the oven (use an oven proof pan) for 12 - 15 mins for medium-rare and then rest, slice and serve!
Fancy trying a Sirloin pavé on us? Buy our Ribs & Chicken Barbecue box with code SUMMERPAVE and a free pavé will automatically appear in your basket (code expires 14th August).